Self Portrait

i am studying myself so as to know myself so I am studying myself as if I were someone else studying myself staring in a mirror as if what I see will accurately depict me but it does not and I try to view myself philosophically but I am not philosophical so that doesn’t seem to work either but spiritually I start to relate to that person I see staring at me who seems only to find identity spiritually and constantly she is speaking through her mind, her body, her voice, her hands, her mouth and what comes out is sometimes eloquent and often times it is not and perhaps she does not really know quite who she is but seems to always be looking and certainly willing to acknowledge that who she is is not who she wants to be but that is okay because she is evolving not like a monkey into a human but more like a seed into a flower that hardly knows its importance or beauty but catching her reflection despite the flaws mentally and physically somehow she sees beauty in who she is and who she is meant to be.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Poetry and Writings by Megan Dinan

Followers

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Recent Comments