Happy Halloween-fright poetry for the holiday

Prologue:
The eerie sounds of fright approach-
The sky has faded and night is here,
Reality is lost to a quietly growing fear.

Whose shadow slips below my door?
Who announces with the forceful knock?
Whose cool and slithering words coax me toward the knob?

And who are they asking for?
Whose kinder voice do they mock?
Whose momentary innocence did they momentarily rob?

What hurried speech is this?
What do the darting eyes say?
What mystery or hidden meaning in your mind is cloaked?

Do I dare this fear dismiss?
Should I invite you in to play?
Is this a night of ghoulish fun or evil waiting to be provoked?

Where have you gone?
Within which shadow do you wait?
Was I dreaming you up as I stood here in my subsistence?

Were you chased by the dawn?
Was it light that made my fear abate?
Were you ever truly there or is it I who dreamed up your existence?

Epilogue:
And now the place is empty.
Not a trace of where I stood,
And I will come to warn you about what I misunderstood.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Poetry and Writings by Megan Dinan

Followers

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Recent Comments